About 50 healthcare financial and market managers from the United Kingdom and the United States compared notes on the managed care markets in both countries during the 16th Annual Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) conference held in Charlotte, N.C., last month. Participants discussed a problem unique to the U.S.-- how uninsured individuals receive care when market forces prevent providers from subsidizing the care. (HFMA, 800/252-4362) How To Protect Your Trademark × Trademarks can be words, symbols, logos, designs or slogans that identify your services are coming from a common source. Famous examples of trademarks include Apple [AAPL] computers, the McDonald's golden arches, Lexus automobiles and the Nike [NKE] swoosh slogan.
HFMA DISCUSSES HMO MARKET
You might also be interested in:
- SMBs Boost Spending on Digital Marketing; Facebook & Fans Worth About $174 a Clip to Consumer Brands
- Case Study: Exhibition Hockey Match Makes For Great Icing on the PR Cake For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Hertz Links PR and Customer Service As Social Channels Grow
- In Containing Damage, If You Can't Be Substantive Don't Say Anything At All
- Moving Beyond Communicators' Comfort Zone