About 50 healthcare financial and market managers from the United Kingdom and the United States compared notes on the managed care markets in both countries during the 16th Annual Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) conference held in Charlotte, N.C., last month. Participants discussed a problem unique to the U.S.-- how uninsured individuals receive care when market forces prevent providers from subsidizing the care. (HFMA, 800/252-4362) How To Protect Your Trademark × Trademarks can be words, symbols, logos, designs or slogans that identify your services are coming from a common source. Famous examples of trademarks include Apple [AAPL] computers, the McDonald's golden arches, Lexus automobiles and the Nike [NKE] swoosh slogan.
HFMA DISCUSSES HMO MARKET
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications