Though National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is just two weeks away, it's not too late for healthcare PR executives to join some of the innovative national programs that will help boost their organization's stature in the community. Whether it's breast cancer month or national kidney month (see chart), there there are many ways to join the cause, by either becoming a local sponsor of the national program, a beneficiary or both. Joining these nationwide events is a sure-fire way to promote public awareness of an certain issue. With Breast Cancer Awareness Month, millions of women take part in some type of event --from tennis championships to fashion shows. National Breast Cancer Awareness month, with its trademark pink ribbon, is dedicated to educating women about breast cancer and the importance of early detection of breast cancer, which will take the lives of about 46,000 women this year.
IT’S TIME TO GIVE YOUR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS PROGRAM A NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks