Minority professionals are entering public relations at a slow, but steady rate, according to those involved with minority PR organizations. Still, the numbers are lower than many minority professionals believe they should be. Some of this is attributable to outright hiring discrimination, they contend. At the same time, minority leaders in PR are encouraging minority students to consider a PR career.
MINORITY PROFESSIONALS MAKE GAINS, BUT TENSION STILL EXISTS
You might also be interested in:
- In Containing Damage, If You Can't Be Substantive Don't Say Anything At All
- Moving Beyond Communicators' Comfort Zone
- SMBs Boost Spending on Digital Marketing; Facebook & Fans Worth About $174 a Clip to Consumer Brands
- Case Study: Exhibition Hockey Match Makes For Great Icing on the PR Cake For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Hertz Links PR and Customer Service As Social Channels Grow