Minority professionals are entering public relations at a slow, but steady rate, according to those involved with minority PR organizations. Still, the numbers are lower than many minority professionals believe they should be. Some of this is attributable to outright hiring discrimination, they contend. At the same time, minority leaders in PR are encouraging minority students to consider a PR career. "The numbers are definitely increasing," said Pat Tobin, president of the Black Public Relations Society (BPRS), and head of Tobin & Associates, Los Angeles.
MINORITY PROFESSIONALS MAKE GAINS, BUT TENSION STILL EXISTS
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets