Top Tech Trends
Deloitte's Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) industry group recently released "Predictions 2007," a series of three reports that examine emerging developments and how
they will shape the TMT marketplace. The usual suspects that impact communicators topped the list, with trends pointing to:
- A continued evolution of social networking media;
- A move towards green technologies as portable power needs increase;
- Law-driven digital storage expansion based on companies' legal obligations to keep years of data;
- User-generated content continuing to empower consumers, making them proverbial media moguls; and
- The development of new media metrics and comparable statistics, allowing companies, customers and investors to more accurately judge performance.