Everyone might not be a media professional, but everyone with a mobile device or access to the Internet has the power to amplify all of your messages or your brand’s messages—whether you want them to or not. Message control—or, rather, message influence—has never been more important or slippery than it is now. Register now for PR News’ Sept. 10 Media Training Workshop and get the best practices you need—and the ones you can teach—to influence the way your brand’s messages are shared across media platforms. The workshop will be held the morning of PR News’ PR Agency Elite Awards Luncheon, also taking place at the Grand Hyatt New York.
This Media Training Workshop at New York City’s Grand Hyatt will offer you an opportunity to improve your media relations skills and learn how to media train your key executives. Whatever the platform or venue—press conference, TV shoot, telephone, email or social media—the core skills of message development, interview preparation and relationship building with traditional media and other influencers are absolutely essential to presenting yourself, your key executives and your organization in the best possible light.
This PR News Media Training Workshop will show you how to be aware of body language for on-camera interviews, craft core messages and sound bites that resonate, field difficult questions, stay on point, sharpen bridging techniques and prepare for any interview format. You will receive one-on-one and small group training and critiques from top media trainers that will transform how you work with the media and how you and your key executives present themselves to the media.
- Key elements of media and presentations
- Visual and vocal presence in various meeting scenarios
- On Camera: one-on-one interviews
- Developing sound bites/message points
- Strategies for handling difficult questions
- Bridging techniques/getting in message points
- Preparing for different kinds of interviews
- Using social media for media relations:
- Journalist blogs or journalists in online communities (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Use of multimedia (webcasts, downloadable online videos, photos and charts)
- Your Web site (links, media resources for journalists)
PR News' Media Training Workshop:
Time: September 10, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Price: $525 Per Person | Register Now
Media Training Workshop
Media Training Workshop & PR Agency Elite Awards Luncheon
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! --Communications Manager, CIGNA
- My favorite speakers were Eliason, McCormick, Miller, Perkett and Roth. Great content; great presenters. – Media Relations Manager, ACT
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can’t wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- Great topics. Good variety. - President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastically event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company’s social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Very good, well organized. – Director eRecruitment & Social Media, Sun Life Financial
- Great conference, speakers and venue!! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. -External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar.
-VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. -Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. - Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! -Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented - rarely the case at other social media conferences. -Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
- Great information and speakers. -E-Marketing Specialist, Ruud Lighting, Inc.
- Extremely helpful program and I learned a lot. -CEO, Alongi Media Solutions
- Wonderful and insightful event in which I would like to have my entire team participate, including some clients. -Account Executive, Digital Brand Architects
- Great event! I'm taking away valuable information and am excited to put the new knowledge to use! Well executed. Thanks! -Communications and Organizational Effectiveness Analyst, Hostess Brands, Inc.
- Fantastic and inspiring! -Program Marketing Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Very helpful ideas that I will be able to use right away. Thanks! -Staff Services Manager, CalPERS
- Great speakers. -General Manager, KXLY Radio Group
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR Media Relations Conference. [Back to the Top]
- Media Training Checklist
- Certificate of Attendance
- Attendee-Only Access to Presentations
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media