Pete Ternes is Senior Communications Strategist for General Motors currently supporting the Labor and Manufacturing teams. He was previously a Sr. analyst in GM’s Corporate Social media group. He has also served as Director of Internal Communications for GM and has served as Director of Communications for GM Sales and Marketing as well Buick, HUMMER and various operating divisions.
While working for GM, Pete’s accomplishments include:
- Growing GM’s Google+ Newsroom site from 5,000 to 2 million in-circle followers in two years.
- Creation and implementation of an HR/Communications employee engagement plan in GM Korea (on special assignment in Korea)
- Earned a 2011 IABC Gold Quill for an innovative employee/customer engagement program (GM Outreach) which blended marketing, employee and social communications
- Launched GM’s global social media platform for employees
- Communications training and counseling for GM global communications teams
- Integrated product and sports marketing campaigns with Buick and Tiger Woods
- PR Launch of the HUMMER brand