We’ve all heard how people are increasingly turning to visual content as their primary source of information and entertainment. Well, the turn is complete. Visual content is not the future—it is now. And if your brand is not on board with that, then you’re in trouble.
There is a solution, though. Finding and creating shareable visual content for your brand is easier than you might think. At PR News’ recent Social Media Summit in San Francisco, Danny Olson, Director of Digital at Weber Shandwick, and Serena Ehrlich, Director, Social and Evolving Media at Business Wire, shared some tips for becoming a “visionary” communicator:
- Get organized by performing an audit of the content assets at your disposal—website, blog, social media platforms, etc.
- Kick off you visual brand development by researching your target audience, their needs and media habits.
- Utilize free resources from the web and social networks to create more appealing content. But don't forget to check usage rights!
- Engage your customers by encouraging them to share their content.
- Determine which platforms are most suitable for your content.
- Promote that content across all channels.
Follow Richard Brownell: @RickBrownell