- Industry Standard Washington bureau chief Elizabeth Wasserman will not be working out of the Washington bureau for the next several weeks. In the interim,
email Keith Perine at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Aaron Pressman, new senior writer covering companies and public policy from the
Washington bureau, at email@example.com.
- Rob Fixmer, technology news editor, leaves the New York Times to join Interactive Week as editor-in-chief. firstname.lastname@example.org. Tech news for the New York Times can be sent to assignment editor Jeff Cane by snail mail: 229 West
43rd St., New York, NY 10036-3959.
- Chuck Melvin leaves his technology post at the Plain Dealer to join the Inquirer as technology editor. email@example.com. Fax Plain Dealer technology inquiries to John Krowl, personal technology editor: 216/999-6355.
- Christopher Price, information technology reporter, leaves the Financial Times. Send IT inquiries to ebusiness correspondent Carlos Grande. firstname.lastname@example.org. Technology & Environment Writer Vanessa Houlder is on maternity leave. In the interim, contact Della Bradshaw,
staff writer. email@example.com.
- Jim Davis, staff writer, leaves CNET News.com. Send information to Michael Kanellos, department editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davis is now deputy bureau chief at The451.com. email@example.com; phone 415/558-9720.
- Chad Fasca, Web editor, Electronic News, leaves to join a start-up Web site . Direct news to Liz Neely, Web editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tom Moran joins as executive editor in San Jose. 408/345-4442 or email@example.com.
- Michele Park is promoted from online producer of FamilyPC.com to executive producer of the ZDNet Consumer Group. She oversees the production and posting of articles
and content for the ZDNet consumer Web sites, including FamilyPC.com. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeff Angus, senior technical editor, labs, leaves Information Week. Send information to Karyl Scott, senior managing editor, labs. email@example.com...Cheryl Rosen
joins as senior editor with the ebusiness team. firstname.lastname@example.org...Alorie Gilbert, associate editor, moves from the business applications team to the e-business team. email@example.com. After leaving InformationWeek to join Earthweb as editorial director in 1999, Karyl Scott rejoins as senior
managing editor of InformationWeek labs. She replaces Greg Smith, overseeing product testing and reviews. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- David Read, former Macworld editorial assistant, joins MacWeek.com as staff writer, covering Macintosh hardware and software. email@example.com.
- Gracian Mack, reporter, leaves Redherring.com to become New York bureau chief at World Finance Net, an online information source for investors. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chuck Lenatti, senior staff editor, Tom Kaneshige, senior writer, and Carol Person, acting managing editor, leave Upside. Send inquiries to Jerry Borrell,
editor-in-chief. email@example.com...Matt Berger joins as assistant editor, features. He covers new and emerging markets, technologies, industry issues and profiles people and
companies. firstname.lastname@example.org...Patti Ziemke joins as assistant editor for the Inside section, which profiles companies and people in high-tech business. email@example.com.