Winner: NASDAQ OMX - NASDAQ Economic Infograph Reports
A drop in crude oil prices late last year led NASDAQ OMX to pump out a series of compelling infographics. The financial services corporation, which owns NASDAQ, started off with an infographic that examined historic price trends for crude oil. Broadening its brush, NASDAQ OMX also created infographics evaluating how those price trends have impacted the cost and amount of air travel in the U.S. for the last several years.
For a two-month stretch NASDAQ OMX broke down an economic report issued by the government in a digestible, easy-to-understand infographic. The images were then posted on NASDAQ OMX’s Facebook page, which saw a spike of 13,000 new fans, many of whom shared the infographics while asking for more. The effort also garnered a total of 8.3 million media impressions. The bottom line? NASDAQ OMX says it plans to do a lot more infographics this year. —Matthew Schwartz
· Beyond - Facebook Sustainability
· Booz Allen Hamilton - The World of 2040
· Finn Partners - StubHub's Election Breakdown Infographic
· Intel Corporation - An Internet Minute Infographic
· MSR Communications - How Personality Type Affects Social Media Behavior