PR veteran Andy Polansky took charge as CEO of Weber Shandwick last November after serving as president of the agency since 2004. With Polansky at the helm, Weber Shandwick continues to move toward a digital-first model, as the agency recruits Web analytics experts, social-media executives and other communications specialists who don’t necessarily come from a traditional PR background. However, despite the digital lurch Polansky is quick to put traditional PR channels into proper perspective.“There’s still room for generalists in our business,” says Polansky, who created Weber Shandwick’s Client Relationship Leader (CRL) program. “We need people who communicate extraordinarily well, in the broadest sense.
Polansky: Clients Increasingly Looking to Their PR Agencies for the Big Idea
You might also be interested in:
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging