PR veteran Andy Polansky took charge as CEO of Weber Shandwick last November after serving as president of the agency since 2004. With Polansky at the helm, Weber Shandwick continues to move toward a digital-first model, as the agency recruits Web analytics experts, social-media executives and other communications specialists who don’t necessarily come from a traditional PR background. However, despite the digital lurch Polansky is quick to put traditional PR channels into proper perspective.“There’s still room for generalists in our business,” says Polansky, who created Weber Shandwick’s Client Relationship Leader (CRL) program. “We need people who communicate extraordinarily well, in the broadest sense.
Polansky: Clients Increasingly Looking to Their PR Agencies for the Big Idea
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016