With the steady rise of digital and social channels, organizations are constantly searching for the most effective people and tools to deliver great digital/social results. This need has touched off a kind of war, if you will, between PR agencies that have developed digital and social capabilities; ad agencies that have done the same thing; and pure-play digital/social shops that compete with both for business. It’s a cutthroat competition. At the PRSA Counselors Academy conference held in May 2012 in New Orleans, the ability to offer digital services, including app development and mobile expertise, were hot topics of conversations among owners of small and midsize PR agencies. For them, expanded digital/social offerings are a matter of survival in a difficult environment.
Want Digital? Choice Between PR Agency and Pure-Play Digital Shop Is Anything But Clear
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success