With the steady rise of digital and social channels, organizations are constantly searching for the most effective people and tools to deliver great digital/social results. This need has touched off a kind of war, if you will, between PR agencies that have developed digital and social capabilities; ad agencies that have done the same thing; and pure-play digital/social shops that compete with both for business. It’s a cutthroat competition. At the PRSA Counselors Academy conference held in May 2012 in New Orleans, the ability to offer digital services, including app development and mobile expertise, were hot topics of conversations among owners of small and midsize PR agencies. For them, expanded digital/social offerings are a matter of survival in a difficult environment.
Want Digital? Choice Between PR Agency and Pure-Play Digital Shop Is Anything But Clear
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros