Senior executives demand a measurable return on their investment in PR. Unfortunately, many PR professionals are insecure in their mastery of measurement tactics. A further complication: The executives demanding metrics often don’t know enough about PR to provide guidance. The result: stasis. According to Johna Burke, senior VP at BurrellesLuce, and Mark Weiner, CEO at PRIME Research, Americas, two primary motivations drive PR people to measure: to “communicate value” and to “improve performance.
To Fix the PR/C-Suite Measurement Disconnect, Start With an Executive Audit
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros