Once a bastion for static corporate intranets, staid monthly assemblies and stale quarterly—or yearly—print publications, employee communications appears to have jettisoned bland and gone grand. And much of the improvement can be attributed to Web 2.0 and social media. In an IABC / Prescient Digital Media study released in December 2011, 61% of companies reported at least one social media tool available to some or all employees. The most popular intranet 2.
Forget the Controlled Town Hall, Employees Have the Social Floor
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success