Once a bastion for static corporate intranets, staid monthly assemblies and stale quarterly—or yearly—print publications, employee communications appears to have jettisoned bland and gone grand. And much of the improvement can be attributed to Web 2.0 and social media. In an IABC / Prescient Digital Media study released in December 2011, 61% of companies reported at least one social media tool available to some or all employees. The most popular intranet 2.
Forget the Controlled Town Hall, Employees Have the Social Floor
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016