Once a bastion for static corporate intranets, staid monthly assemblies and stale quarterly—or yearly—print publications, employee communications appears to have jettisoned bland and gone grand. And much of the improvement can be attributed to Web 2.0 and social media. In an IABC / Prescient Digital Media study released in December 2011, 61% of companies reported at least one social media tool available to some or all employees. The most popular intranet 2.
Forget the Controlled Town Hall, Employees Have the Social Floor
You might also be interested in:
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging