It’s the time of year when many in-house communications executives stare down their chief financial officers like gunslingers at the OK Corral. What’s at stake? Their communications budgets for next year. According to the MarketingSherpa 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report, survey respondents pointed to the lack of resources in staffing, budgeting or time (62%) as their top barrier to success, far outpacing the inability to prioritize strategic thinking over tactical execution (39%) and the limited capacity to develop content (35%). With economic danger signs still looming, the negotiation for PR resources and funding won’t be easy.
B2B Communications: How to Fight for the PR Resources You Need During a Budget Showdown
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success