During a material event, it is imperative for a business to communicate with its stakeholders in a thoughtful and deliberate manner. The NBA’s current and NFL’s recent work stoppages have thrust management and the players’ unions into a tangled web of communications that must be strategically navigated to resolve the dispute and preserve their brand’s value. The emergence of social media has opened new engagement platforms for corporations, players and stakeholders. During their lockouts, both players associations harnessed the power of social media to create a community in support of their cause. Using APCO’s Social EQ methodology, we can measure the effectiveness of each union’s strategy and execution against six primary factors for success: quality of content; optimization; platform diversity; customer service; engagement and interaction; and dialogue.
Social Media Report Card: NFL and NBA Players Unions Get Social
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016