During a material event, it is imperative for a business to communicate with its stakeholders in a thoughtful and deliberate manner. The NBA’s current and NFL’s recent work stoppages have thrust management and the players’ unions into a tangled web of communications that must be strategically navigated to resolve the dispute and preserve their brand’s value. The emergence of social media has opened new engagement platforms for corporations, players and stakeholders. During their lockouts, both players associations harnessed the power of social media to create a community in support of their cause. Using APCO’s Social EQ methodology, we can measure the effectiveness of each union’s strategy and execution against six primary factors for success: quality of content; optimization; platform diversity; customer service; engagement and interaction; and dialogue.
Social Media Report Card: NFL and NBA Players Unions Get Social
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App