Thanks to a two-pronged media relations strategy, the MaggieMoo’s Ice Cream and Treatery Tax Day Giveaway campaign moo-ved sales upwards. Image courtesy of Ogilvy PR Worldwide After inevitably writing that yearly check, what better way to offset the feeling of taxpayer pain than getting free food? And not just any free eats, but the quintessential comfort food: ice cream. In an effort to build brand awareness and boost sales, MaggieMoo’s Ice Cream and Treatery tapped Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide for a combination of long-term national media relations efforts, local market press blitzes and a PR recycling act to give sullied taxpayers a free sugar boost on April 18, 2011. With no other advertising or marketing support for the giveaway, titled MaggieMoo’s “Sundae Stimulus” program, the company relied strictly on Ogilvy to publicize the event near and far to reward hard-working, taxpaying customers with a free treat.
Case Study: Two-Scooped Media Effort and Co-Pitch Partnership Produce Sweet Tax Day Returns for Ice Creamery
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative