According to Jon Wegman, associate director of Moxie Interactive, there is a handful of tried-and-true best practices when it comes to optimizing your writing for the Web, and they all hinge on the three R’s: recency, responsiveness and relevancy. With that as a backdrop, consider his specific recommendations:
• Provide open access to assets, resources and content.
• Cross-promote, link and use social media properties to spread news.
• Use automated opt-in feeds to deliver content to users on the fly.
• Provide links across your organization for contact and escalation points.
• Provide assets in mixed-media format in a simple and intuitive way.
• Proactively make contact with journalists and influential consumers.
• Allow users to choose the format and category for the information they want.
• Measure and track usage and assets, and solicit feedback.
[Editor’s Note: For much more on SEO best practices, attend our SEO Tactics and Strategies Webinar this Wednesday, March 23.]