• 11% of online adults discovered on a social networking site who their friends voted for in the November elections.
• 9% of online adults received candidate or campaign information on social networking sites or Twitter.
• 8% of online adults posted political content on Twitter or a social networking site.
• 7% of online adults friended a candidate or political group on a social networking site or followed them on Twitter.
• 7% of online adults started or joined a political group on a social networking site.
• Among social networking site users, 40% of Republican voters and 38% of Democratic voters used these sites to get involved politically. PRN
Source: Pew Research Center