Thanks to digital developments, financial communications/investor relations is in a transformation period, as more companies communicate to their investor audiences and the press via Web sites, blogs, videos and social media platforms. Claire Koeneman, president of the MWW Group’s Financial Relations Board, has some tips for leveraging digital tools:
1. Create and manage a presence across all social media platforms including a blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Slideshare and StockTwits. These platforms should be regularly updated with investor news.
2. Claim your ticker symbol on StockTwits.
3. Monitor (in real time) mentions and comments about your corporation and ticker symbol online.
4. Create and implement a social media communications policy that outlines official corporate communications online as well as employee communications on social media sites with regard to investor relations.
5. Live-stream earnings report press conferences and then post them on YouTube.
6. Earnings reports posted online should be kept behind a secure private wall prior to their official release in order to avoid having organizations like Bloomberg getting them early.
See complete PR News premium article.