Thinking about launching a campaign that will take team members to remote locales? For Expedition 206, Coca-Cola turned to ignition to handle travel logistics from itinerary to visas to immunization. Here’s what was on ignition VP Amanda Daniels’ checklist:
1. Get out the map. “Can your campaign objectives be met in the timeline you’re considering, and in the time zones you are planning to be in?” asks Daniels.
2. Have the papers in order. “Visas are a big, big issue,” Daniels says. In fact, the Coca-Cola ambassadors had two passports to facilitate the time necessary to get visas for them.
3. Consider the overall happiness of the travelers. You don’t want to keep them in one place for months. “Try for a schedule that changes it up, and gives them a little bit of variety,” Daniels says.
4. Carefully research the destinations. Consider cultural and language barriers.
5. Check the weather. You don’t want to send folks to African locales during the rainy season, or some place in the freezing cold if you can help it.