While leveraging its reputation for manufacturing exceptional cameras, Nikon is constantly seeking ways to get consumers to share their photographic experiences and interact with the brand. Lisa Baxt, Nikon’s senior communications manager, shares some tactics Nikon uses to build its brand and social capital.
• “Offline, we offer educational classes and workshops with professionals,” says Baxt.
• Rich content on the nikonusa.com Web site through its “Learn & Explore” section is also available as a free mobile application via iTunes.
• Consumer reviews of Nikon products allow consumers to share and read about peer experiences.
• “We have a very active community on Flickr for consumers to get feedback from professional photographers,” says Baxt. “And we engage with influencers and participate in events like the Nikon Video Festival that enables the brand and our fans to capture and share experiences.”
• Nikon actively engages consumers through its Nikon fan page on Facebook, which has more than 310,000 members and a Flickr Digital Learning Center.
Read more of this story.