Beverley Gordon, founder and CEO of Safehaven, a respite center in Toronto, has partnered with numerous organizations in her 20 years in the business. Her advice when interacting with special-needs children and their families? Mainly, show sensitivity. Other tips include: Celebrate the childrens’ (and their families’) accomplishments; don’t focus on their tragedy. Be flexible and knowledgeable when offering resources to special-needs kids.
Outreach to Special-Needs Kids: Sensitivity and Flexibility Are Key
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer