â–¶ Twitter’s Time: According to an Edison Research/Arbitron survey, “Twitter Usage in America: 2010,” Twitter has caught up with Facebook in awareness, though still significantly lags in usage. Findings include: • The percentage of Americans who are familiar with Twitter has surged from 5% in 2008 to 87% in 2010. • Twitter users frequently use it to exchange information about products and services (42%), share opinions about products and services (41%), ask for opinions (31%) and search for discounts (28%). • Twitter users are more likely to follow brands and companies than social networkers in general (51% vs. 16%).
Twitter Awareness Explodes
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016