â–¶ Twitter’s Time: According to an Edison Research/Arbitron survey, “Twitter Usage in America: 2010,” Twitter has caught up with Facebook in awareness, though still significantly lags in usage. Findings include: • The percentage of Americans who are familiar with Twitter has surged from 5% in 2008 to 87% in 2010. • Twitter users frequently use it to exchange information about products and services (42%), share opinions about products and services (41%), ask for opinions (31%) and search for discounts (28%). • Twitter users are more likely to follow brands and companies than social networkers in general (51% vs. 16%).
Twitter Awareness Explodes
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement