â–¶ Twitter’s Time: According to an Edison Research/Arbitron survey, “Twitter Usage in America: 2010,” Twitter has caught up with Facebook in awareness, though still significantly lags in usage. Findings include: • The percentage of Americans who are familiar with Twitter has surged from 5% in 2008 to 87% in 2010. • Twitter users frequently use it to exchange information about products and services (42%), share opinions about products and services (41%), ask for opinions (31%) and search for discounts (28%). • Twitter users are more likely to follow brands and companies than social networkers in general (51% vs. 16%).
Twitter Awareness Explodes
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros