â–¶ Customer First: According to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council’s recent survey, customer analytics are a top priority for marketers in the coming year. The survey drew from 600 senior marketing managers in the Council’s network. Specific findings include: • 62% of respondents said they will focus on analyzing customer data to improve targeting, 46% on investing in digital demand generation and online relationship-building and 44% on better qualifying and tracking lead conversion; 38% reported exploring alternative media and new routes to market. • More than a third (35%) said they expect to undertake “transformational” projects this year. Among them, the most commonly cited were: “digital marketing makeovers,” including platforms, programs and people (46%); sales/marketing organizational alignment (40%); and customer data integration/analytics initiatives (32%).
Customer Analytics Top Marketing Priority
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close