â–¶ Customer First: According to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council’s recent survey, customer analytics are a top priority for marketers in the coming year. The survey drew from 600 senior marketing managers in the Council’s network. Specific findings include: • 62% of respondents said they will focus on analyzing customer data to improve targeting, 46% on investing in digital demand generation and online relationship-building and 44% on better qualifying and tracking lead conversion; 38% reported exploring alternative media and new routes to market. • More than a third (35%) said they expect to undertake “transformational” projects this year. Among them, the most commonly cited were: “digital marketing makeovers,” including platforms, programs and people (46%); sales/marketing organizational alignment (40%); and customer data integration/analytics initiatives (32%).
Customer Analytics Top Marketing Priority
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative