â–¶ Online Appeal: According to data from the Nielsen Company and Microsoft, video ads shown during full-episode online TV shows yield deeper brand impact than corresponding on-air TV ads. Specific findings include: • Online video ads have 65% general recall, compared to 46% general recall for TV ads. Online video ads also offer higher levels of brand recall (50% compared to 28%), message recall (39% compared to 21%) and likability (26% compared to 14%) than TV ads. • Providing ads on multiple formats does boost brand awareness. Among viewers exposed to the same TV ad on both the online and TV platforms as compared to viewers who saw ads on TV alone, substantial lift occurred in message recall (18%), brand recall (35%), message recall (53%) and likability (31%).
Consumers Connect With Online Ads
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter