â–¶ Online Appeal: According to data from the Nielsen Company and Microsoft, video ads shown during full-episode online TV shows yield deeper brand impact than corresponding on-air TV ads. Specific findings include: • Online video ads have 65% general recall, compared to 46% general recall for TV ads. Online video ads also offer higher levels of brand recall (50% compared to 28%), message recall (39% compared to 21%) and likability (26% compared to 14%) than TV ads. • Providing ads on multiple formats does boost brand awareness. Among viewers exposed to the same TV ad on both the online and TV platforms as compared to viewers who saw ads on TV alone, substantial lift occurred in message recall (18%), brand recall (35%), message recall (53%) and likability (31%).
Consumers Connect With Online Ads
You might also be interested in:
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging