Because the Driving While Distracted campaign was a multi-platform effort that entailed considerable planning, logistics were certainly a challenge, says Nationwide’s Charley Gillespie. But there were other hurdles: “We have to sell this internally; we have to prove the campaign is helping us to define the [Nationwide Is On Your Side] advocacy message—that Nationwide promotes safe driving, which results in fewer claims.” But the biggest hurdle involves technology. At press time, the DriveAssist device is still not yet available, notes Gillespie, who singles out the recession as one key reason. But there are other factors: “Venture capitalism is a risky business, but we’re moving forward with it.
Tech Pothole Stalls Program
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer