Because the Driving While Distracted campaign was a multi-platform effort that entailed considerable planning, logistics were certainly a challenge, says Nationwide’s Charley Gillespie. But there were other hurdles: “We have to sell this internally; we have to prove the campaign is helping us to define the [Nationwide Is On Your Side] advocacy message—that Nationwide promotes safe driving, which results in fewer claims.” But the biggest hurdle involves technology. At press time, the DriveAssist device is still not yet available, notes Gillespie, who singles out the recession as one key reason. But there are other factors: “Venture capitalism is a risky business, but we’re moving forward with it.
Tech Pothole Stalls Program
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign