ANSWERS TO THE PR NEWS POP QUIZ
1. No. A business that wishes to promote itself on Facebook must create a Facebook “Page,” which has different requirements than a Facebook Profile.
2. Yes. However, Twitter has set forth specific guidelines for how their trademarks, including the blue bird, may be used for promotional purposes.
3. It depends upon what company policies and procedures are in place, and what the employee specifically does in light of those policies.
4. The U.S. does not have a centralized federal agency that handles all privacy related issues such as in European countries. While the Federal Trade Commission handles many privacy issues, depending upon the nature of the privacy issue, it may be handled by any number of agencies.
5. You and YouTube must comply with the notice and take-down procedures for copyright infringement in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. YouTube may only be liable to the extent that it fails to comply with such law or falls outside of its safe harbor protections.
You might also be interested in: