Companies need to take corporate social responsibility values and apply them to their broader business practices in order to create authenticity and garner trust with the public, says BT Americas CSR head Kevin Moss in his keynote speech at the PR News 2010 CSR Awards luncheon yesterday in Washington, D.C. (click here for a list of the winners). Moss says that inconsistencies in applying values throughout the organization erode the public’s trust. “Perhaps you know a company that addresses poverty and homelessness through its foundational giving while paying minimum wage,” said Moss.
CSR Values Must Permeate the Business, Says BT’s Kevin Moss
You might also be interested in:
- How Some Brands Are Taking the Gloom Out of Black Friday
- Facebook Responds to Criticism of 'Safety Check' Disparity
- Coca-Cola, KIND Execs Discuss Link Between Products, CSR and Transparency at PRSA Day 2
- How L'Oreal Paris Used Social Media Holiday to Promote CSR Effort
- How CSR Can Help Your Brand Bond With Gen-Z