PR News’ first-ever Top Places to Work in PR profiles the agencies, corporate communications departments and nonprofits that go above and beyond, matching their superb client work with outstanding internal efforts to support employees’ personal growth and success.
These winners were selected from hundreds of submissions, judged by PR News editors, as well as by an outside panel of communications experts who work in academia. The top 10 agencies and corporate departments, and five nonprofits, demonstrated commitment to cultivating dynamic internal cultures in which employees are driven to excel.
From offering nontraditional benefits like on-site restaurants and massages to giving employees the opportunity to work in offices abroad, each of these organizations has shown a unique interest in the happiness and well being of its staff, clearly understanding that excellence comes from within. PR News honored these winners at its Platinum PR Awards luncheon in New York on Oct. 21
PR News’ 2009 Top Places to Work in PR
All winners are listed in alphabetical order and include the companies’ HQ locations.
1. Best Buy— Richfield, MN
2. Boehringer Ingelheim— Ridgefield, CT
3. Chesapeake Energy Corp.— Oklahoma City, OK
4. Cisco— San Jose, CA
5. Discovery Comms— Silver Spring, MD
6. First Horizon— Memphis, TN
7. Pfizer— New York, NY
8. State Farm Insurance— Bloomington, IL
9. Symantec— Cupertino, CA
10. Turner Broadcasting— Atlanta, GA
1. APCO Worldwide— Washington, DC
2. Carmichael Lynch Spong— Minneapolis, MN
3. CJP Communications— New York, NY
4. Cohn Marketing— Denver, CO
5. Marina Maher Communications— NY, NY
6. MWW Group— East Rutherford, NJ
7. Sterling Comms— San Francisco, CA
8. Text 100— New York, NY
9. Waggener Edstrom— Seattle, WA
10. Weber Shandwick— New York, NY
1. American Red Cross— Washington, DC
2. Children’s Home Society of Florida— Winter Park, FL
3. Cleveland Metropolitan School District— Cleveland, OH
4. Georgia Tech Research Institute— Atlanta, GA
5. Kaiser Permanente— Oakland, CA
See profiles of all the winners.
View the electronic edition of 2009 Top Places to Work in PR Special Issue.