Professional writing is full of unnecessary words and phrases that do more harm than good. To help fix that, here are 8 phrases and clichés to avoid in your writing.
As Election Day 2014 kicks into high gear, PR pros should pay close attention to how the candidates present themselves as the results are tallied.
Coaching can help executives in all the areas that define leadership, including creating a vision, articulating values, building trust, acting courageously, inspiring and motivating followers and helping teams to achieve their goals.
While many companies have finally put PowerPoint to pasture, a lot of brands and organizations still rely on the program when presenting information and trying to get their messages out. Big mistake.
For years, the measurement experts, including me, have told you to spend 10 percent of your communication budget figuring out whether the other 90 percent is working. But that doesn’t really tell you how to allocate that 10 percent, nor does it cover all the scenarios.
There has been relatively limited effort by corporations, agencies and especially colleges and universities, to properly train the next generation of communications leaders as cross-functional, multi-disciplined marketing managers.
There is one area that is problematic even for the most seasoned PR pros: helping to drive communications when their company or organization makes layoffs.
Developing your core message is an essential exercise. It gets everyone, internally and externally, on the same page in terms of explaining your brand’s attributes and differentiators.