Winner: Shannon Eis, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, MWW
Shannon Eis’ team was behind the world’s longest ribbon-cutting: 5.51 miles worth of blue ribbon stretching along the Jersey Shore, with Governor Chris Christie wielding the scissors and an adjudicator from the Guinness Book of World Records on hand to certify a new record. The client was the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, and the occasion was the opening of the summer season after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy the previous fall.
After joining MWW in 2013, Eis quickly established herself as its preeminent leader of business development efforts across consumer and corporate practices. She is skilled at developing large teams, and has led teams serving the firm’s largest clients: Deloitte, Samsung, and the NJEDA.
The campaign “Stronger than the Storm,” was dedicated to the recovery of New Jersey’s economy after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy and it delivered significant increases to tourism on the New Jersey Shore. Eis’ teams also executed “Impact Imperative,” a corporate social responsibility program for Deloitte that connects the company’s 40,000 employees to social impact initiatives.
- John Casey, Senior Vice President, Havas PR
- Ashley Collins, Executive Director of Public Relations, Social Media and Communications, USANA
- Chris Hook, Director of Enthusiast and Component PR, Social Media and Product Reviews, AMD
- Laura Monica, Vice President, Corporate Communications, Pepco Holdings Inc.
- Michael Waldron, Senior Director, Nuclear Communication, NextEra Energy