Winner: National Education Association — Students Before Profits: The fight against corporate educations reform in York, PA and nationwide
Former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett was pushing York City’s emergency manager David Meckley to completely privatize the underfunded York City public school system by handing the district over to one of two charter operators. National Education Association Communications got behind the push to elevate the fight against such privatization to a national level by connecting it to other cities under similar circumstances.
As a result of their efforts, which culminated in a rally attended by 300 educators, parents and community members; Meckley adjusted his plan to a more “hybrid” proposal, which was rejected by the school board. The rally garnered a flurry of national and local media attention, with corresponding blog posts on Salon.com and the National Education Association’s website reaching 90,000 pages views.
- American Institute of CPAs - Costs of Summer
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and Tartaglia Communications - SPARK: Promoting a New Science Competition
- The Hauser Group - Fair Saint Louis 2014
- Henson Consulting - Destination Solar System Launches at Adler Planetarium
- International Justice Mission - The Locust Effect
- The National Audubon Society - Audubon's Birds and Climate Change Report
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – National Study: Teens Report Higher Use of Performance Enhancing Substances
- Porter Novelli - Center for Civil and Human Rights Opening Day Celebration Atlanta
- The Zeno Group – The Allstate Foundation’s Purple Purse