Winner: Makovsky & Company Inc.
Makovsky’s promotional efforts were driven by a vital strategic question: How does a $13 million PR consultancy secure a place at the table in a marketplace dominated by $100 million agency gorillas? The firm was convinced that the answer lay in aggressively embracing the techniques that it employs on behalf of clients to showcase the qualities that distinguish the agency.
Agency founder and president Ken Makovsky is possibly the most visible and influential blogger in public relations today—he was named industry blogger of the year in three of the past four years. “My Three Cents” is more than a soapbox for one man’s opinion. It serves a central role in Makovsky’s promotional strategy, providing insight into each of the agency’s business niches as well as over all insight into reputation management. Perhaps the most indicative of the program success and impact, Makovsky was ranked number 7 on the 2014 “PR Power 50 List” by the New York Observer, surpassing agencies with far greater reach and revenues. The agency also appeared in the media more than 504 times during 2014, including coverage in national, regional and trade publications.
- Current - Marketing Current’s Mom Expertise
- Eastwick - Elevating Agency Awareness and Visibility
- MWWPR - Making MWWPR Matter More
- Peppercomm - Missing the Mark: Global Content Survey of Brand Marketers and their B2B Audiences
- Racepoint Global - Evolution and Integration: Disrupting the Industry and Setting the Standard