Winner: Medtronic Inc. — 2014 Integrated Performance Report
In an effort to tell a holistic story of how Medtronic creates value in the context of its economic, social and environmental impacts with its annual report, the company included comprehensive fiscal year financial performance and business strategy information in context with information about how the company creates value in terms of human, social and natural capital. In the report, Medtronic provided content and metrics that detailed how the company’s policies, procedures and programs addressed these material issues.
The company conducted its first materiality assessment with a third-party consultancy to identify the its most material sustainability issue. The results of this research, which is outlined in the report, guided the focus of their sustainability strategy and performance improvement as the company moves forward. They used infographics to provide a visual synopsis of the fiscal year performance in areas that create value for society and reflect their commitment to working responsibly. Along with creating associated webpages that provided high-level context for the report content, Medtronic also promoted the report through internal and external communications including news release distribution and social media announcements.
- AECOM - Managing complexity, building better lives
- Burson-Marsteller - Hormel Foods 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report Launch
- The Coca-Cola Company Sustainability Report - 2013/2014
- CVS Health - 2013 Interactive CSR Report
- McDonald's Corporation - Our Journey Together
- Merck and Co., Inc. - Merck Responsibility 2013
- MetLife - MetLife Corp Responsibility Report: Global Impact
- Novelis - Adding More Aluminum, Creating Value
- Safeway with Waggener Edstrom Communications - The Heart of Safeway
- Weissman Center for International Business, Baruch College - The 2014 Edition of The CSR-S Monitor