Co-Winner: Food Lion Feeds — Launching Our 500 Million Meal Commitment
Food Lion is about food. Keeping with this mentality, the company displays a passion for helping to solve hunger today, while investing in and honoring those that work toward ending hunger in the future. Food Lion works with customers, suppliers and associates to eliminate the choices families are forced to make when they are hungry. To mark the launch of the Food Lion Feeds campaign, Food Lion pledged to donate 500 million meals to families in need by the end of 2020. The new platform kicked off its commitment by donating one million meals in five days in June of 2014.
As part of the Food Lion Feeds effort, the company initiated in-store programs, such as selling Food Lion Feeds reusable bags and specially marked Food Lion Feeds bagged apples, both in partnership with Feeding America. With each reusable bag and bag of apples sold, Food Lion donated five meals each to local food banks. Through these programs over 19 million meals were donated in the first four months of the campaign. In the inaugural week of the campaign where Food Lion donated one million meals, the company garnered 50 million media impressions and 1.5 million social media impressions. The in-store initiatives resulted in a total of 2.5 million meals donated.
Co-Winner: Weber Shandwick — Pass the Red Cup for World Hunger Relief
In support of Yum! Brands, Weber Shandwick developed the Pass the Red Cup initiative to encourage social sharing, boost awareness and inspire donations. They brokered Huffington Post op-eds in all English language sites with a story by campaign spokeswoman Christina Aguilera to start the campaign. Through this initiative, World Hunger Relief helped provide nearly 148 million meals in 2013 alone.
Yum! employees donated thousands of hours this past year through various volunteer outreach programs with hunger relief agencies, food banks, soup kitchens and other fundraisers. Through celebrity and executive volunteerism and global media outreach, the campaign garnered an estimated 1.3 billion earned media impressions in the first month of 2014, securing coverage in outlets like Entertainment Tonight, US Weekly, and STAR Magazine.
- Activate - Tu Amigo Pepe (Your friend Pepe)
- Covidien World Stroke Day Take 2...Tell 2 Campaign 2014
- Imprenta Communications Group, LLC - DIR: Wage Theft
- Kenneth Cole - Look Good, For Good
- MWW - Men's Wearhouse 2014 National Suit Drive
- Nebo Agency - Nebo Launches Choose ATL Campaign and Inspires 45 Million
- Siemens, The Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Stand Up To - Linking hope to need: The Baton Pass connects the hope for cancer survivorship with the need for research dollars
- The Zeno Group -The Allstate Foundation’s #GetThereSafe
- The Zeno Group – The Allstate Foundation’s Purple Purse