Winner: Havas PR North America - Taste of France
Taste of France, a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting the many wonderful attributes of France, returned to New York in September 2013 for a second year. Havas PR was tasked with the challenge of legitimizing Taste of France as a wide-reaching cultural affair by expanding the perception of France beyond the traditional stereotypes of food and wine.
Did you know that France is where the Internet was invented? Or that it houses the world’s most visited art museum? These are just a few of the fun facts the team sent across social media to bring to life the country’s leadership in technology, innovation, beauty, culture and tourism.
Taste of France turned out to be a bit of a misnomer, as more than 100,000 guests—up from around 5,000 the previous year—got more like a three-course meal’s worth of culture. There were a total of 211 million media impressions for the event in the likes of BBC, New York Post, The New York Times, WWD and the Village Voice, not to mention major French outlets like L’independent, Le Monde and Le Parisien. #TasteofFrance exploded on Instagram cataloging more than 1,200 posts documenting the festivities, while twitter followers grew by over 30% in less than two weeks.
- Bombardier Aerospace - CSeries First Flight Event
- Finn Partners on behalf of BSH Home Appliances - Cooking Up Coverage for New BSH Products at Design & Construction Week
- Kwittken/Sharp Electronics - CES Presence
- MWW/New Jersey Economic Development Authority - The Jersey Shore's Grand Re-Opening: 130 Mile Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Ragusa Consulting - His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama Visits New Orleans