Winner: Cone Communications - ReThink: Why Housing Matters - Challenging Misperceptions of Public Housing
For millions of hard-working Americans, having a safe and stable place to call home is financially out of reach. Public housing provides a viable solution for many, but the negative stereotypes associated with public housing often presents challenges for its residents and communities. HAI Group approached Cone to create ReThink: Why Housing Matters to educate and encourage the public to “rethink” its views of public housing and consider how it benefits people in their own communities.
Cone worked with ORC International to conduct a national survey to determine that 83% of Americans believe all U.S. citizens deserve a decent and safe place to live; however, 63% of Americans do not support public housing in their own neighborhoods, and almost half believe public housing has a negative impact.
The award-winning singer-songwriter Jewel shared her experience with homelessness and passion for supporting causes impacting children and families with the campaign to become a truly authentic spokesperson. Jewel shared inspiring messages during media appearances with Good Morning America, The View and Access Hollywood, starred in a national broadcast PSA and spread ReThink messages and public housing success stories with her fans and social media community.
The campaign secured 519 million impressions from 6,433 placements in nationwide markets across print, broadcast, online and social media, while the dedicated website, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube pages gained over 16,000 visits, 1,300 fans, 250 followers and over 28,000 views, respectively.
- Entergy Corporation - Earned Income Tax Credit Initiative
- Havas PR Global Collective - Creating a Global Media Team to Move Action on Climate to the Forefront
- The National Audubon Society/Audubon California - Banning Lead Ammunition: Passing Bill AB 711
- PCI - #BeCovered Natural Catastrophe Preparedness Campaign
- Powell Tate - Working Group on Pharmaceutical Safety: Securing a Deadlocked Congress Support for Patient Safety