Winner: The Brand AMP - The END IT Movement 2014
In early 2014, END IT, a nonprofit organization that raises awareness for modern-day slavery, approached The Brand Amp to mobilize influencers and media to spread the word for the second year of Shine a Light on Slavery Day.
Coming off the incredible success of Shine a Light on Slavery Day 2013, in which over 100 influencers joined the movement, The Brand Amp team was tasked with the same cause and even higher expectations. Using the powerful, yet simple message of END IT, The Brand AMP rallied previously unaware influencers to their cause, bringing a wealth of untapped audiences along with them.
They reached out to their influencers with two tasks. First, to join in the movement to raise awareness regarding modern-day slavery by drawing a red X on their hand and posting to their social channels. Second, to reach out to 10 of their most influential friends and ask them to join in as well.
Influencers such as Carrie Underwood, Russell Wilson, Kevin Love and Common posted their red X adorned hands to social media, a profoundly recognizable statement of being IN IT to END IT, helping to spark an incredible viral response on the Feb. 27, 2014, observance of Shine a Light on Slavery Day.
Overall, the 2014 END IT Movement totaled almost 266 million media impressions, and was covered by the likes of CNN, USA Today, Buzzfeed and NFL Network. The overwhelming success of the campaign was largely thanks to the support of the vast influencer network.
- Airbnb Global Activation
- AMD - GPU14: The Launch of Next Generation AMD Radeon Graphics Cards
- AT&T - Social Circle Employee Advocacy Program
- Fleishman Hillard - SYKES Home
- Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility and SOMA Str - #TalkEarly
- IHG - Holiday Inn Change Your View Open House Events
- Marina Maher Communications - U by Kotex and Generation Know: Creating a Movement of Young Women to Spread the Word About Vaginal Health
- Toyota Motor Sales USA and Golin - Sienna Diaries: Elevating the Minivan to a New AdVANture
- Weber Shandwick - Right To Play: Level the Field