Winner: Hyundai Hope on Wheels and Finn Partners - Hyundai Hope On Wheels Drives Pediatric Cancer Awareness on Facebook
Hyundai Hope On Wheels, Hyundai’s non-profit arm, has a mission to raise awareness and provide funding for pediatric cancer research. September is the pinnacle of their campaign, with 41 research grants (totaling $10.25 million) distributed to institutions around the country.
With the sale of each new Hyundai, owners support Hope On Wheels and the fight against pediatric cancer – a fact not all Hyundai owners are aware of. Hope On Wheels, along with Finn Partners and Hyundai set out to make sure as many owners as possible knew about their contribution.
In order to spread that message, a multi-faceted engaging Facebook app, “Every Handprint Tells a Story,” was developed and hosted on Hyundai’s Facebook page. The app included an interactive “Map of Hope” that encouraged visitors to add their handprint and a message of hope for children fighting cancer, a series of videos and photos from children sharing their experience with pediatric cancer, and a message from Hyundai’s President & CEO, John Krafcik, on the company’s commitment to ending childhood cancer through Hyundai Hope On Wheels. Ultimately, net new likes on Hyundai’s page increased by 592% for the Hope On Wheels campaign compared to other campaigns Hyundai has ran.
- EMD Serono, Inc. – Notes of Hope Campaign
- Hyatt Corporation – Vote. Give. Thrive.
- The Marcus Group, Inc. – JCP&L Facebook Campaign
- MasterCard & Weber Shandwick – Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World
- Toys “R” Us, Inc. and Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation Encourage Fans to Take the Lemon Smiles Challenge
- Welch Allyn – The Ripple Effect: Welch Allyn and Heart to Heart International Encourage Medical Students to Give Back