Yahoo Inc. announced on its official Tumblr and Twitter accounts that it had confirmed a hack from late 2014 that copied information, including account passwords, security questions and answers, from 500 million user accounts. The announcement comes after a challenging several months for the tech giant, which Verizon agreed to acquire in July 2016 for $4.8 billion.
Upcoming Events and Award Deadlines
- September 30 — Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
- October 13 — Make YouTube a Vibrant Channel for Your Brand
- October 19 — Platinum PR and Agency Elite Awards Luncheon
- October 19 — Social Media Conference and Crisis Management Workshop
- October 21 — Nonprofit PR Awards
- October 27 — How to Use Instagram Stories to Get Closer to Your Audience
- November 11 — Diversity in PR Awards
PR Insiders More
The Lists More
PR News honored the year's most creative, resourceful and shareable campaigns at its 2016 Social Media Awards luncheon on June 6 at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach in Miami.
Crisis management is an art, not a science. In this edition of PR News’ Book of Crisis Management Strategies & Tactics, you will discover many different views on this art, and you are certain to… Continued