The company has been criticized by the public and commentators about its lackluster response to the issue, with some media complaining that statements have been vague, lacking detail of what exactly went wrong. Watching events snowball from the sideline, brands can learn some valuable lessons about protecting brand and reputation in a time of crisis. Here are six things Samsung’s PR crisis reminded us.
Upcoming Events and Award Deadlines
- October 27 — How to Use Instagram Stories to Get Closer to Your Audience
- October 28 — Nonprofit PR Awards
- November 4 — Diversity & Inclusion Awards
- November 16 — PR Measurement Workshop
- November 16 — Digital PR Awards Luncheon
- November 17 — Google for Communicators Boot Camp
- December 9 — Social Media Awards
PR Insiders More
The Lists More
PR News honored the year's most creative, resourceful and shareable campaigns at its 2016 Social Media Awards luncheon on June 6 at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach in Miami.