A large part of being a PR professional is getting people, whether journalists, consumers or stakeholders, to connect with the content that you're putting on the page (or the screen). From pitches to press releases, if you can't captivate your target audience, you're not doing your job.
Here are eight incentives that make any reader—whether a journalist, consumer or investor—click through your content, courtesy of Andrew Hindes, president and founder of The In-House Writer:
1. Save money or time
2. Improve appearance, health or love life
3. Help career, business or investment
4. Emotional or poignant
5. Interesting or informative
6. Provocative or controversial
7. Relationship, marriage or child-raising advice
8. Funny, sexy, juicy or titillating
Print this list out and keep it by your keyboard for the next time, er, later today, when you have to create compelling content, regardless of the media platform.
Follow Lucia Davis: @LKCDavis.