Winner: Weber Shandwick - PEDIGREE See what good food can do
Since committing to the cause of shelter dogs in 2008, the PEDIGREE brand has donated more than 20 million pounds of food. Through its efforts, the brand has seen first-hand the impact a consistent diet of good food can have on shelter dogs – making their coats shiny and tails waggy.
In 2014, for the first-time ever, a new approach was taken in showcasing real stories of the dogs that have benefitted from PEDIGREE’s support – and the families and individuals whose lives have been touched by the unconditional love they receive from their adopted pets – with the documentary-style ‘See what good food can do’ campaign.
To effectively reach targeted news media, online influencers and bloggers, and the general public, Weber Shandwick and PEDIGREE brand devised a PR campaign strategy and executed a number of tactics.
For example, at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT, PEDIGREE was joined by fellow dog lovers, David Ortiz, known as baseball’s “Big Papi,” and actor Josh Duhamel to share their stories of how dogs changed their lives and encourage consumers to share their stories via social media.
On Monday, Jan. 20, 2014, the brand officially launched its ‘See what good food can do’ campaign at a private screening event for more than 50 members of the media and influencers during the 2014 Sundance Film Festival, in which David Ortiz premiered his #DogTales documentary-style film and Josh teased his film for later release. The brand also debuted the new TV advertising creative that showed real transformational stories of shelter dogs that found their forever homes and how good food like PEDIGREE can make an impact on their lives.
To connect social media followers across the country to the screening and get them involved in helping dogs everywhere, David and Josh announced the social media arm of the campaign—for every story shared using #DogTales on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, PEDIGREE brand would donate a bowl of food to a shelter in need; to date, 300MM+ overall social media impressions made #DogTales the most widely used hashtag in brand history with more than 430,000 interactions (posts, comments, likes, shares).
• The ALS Association - ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
• Clean Energy Fuels - Natural Gas: The Safest Cooking Fuel for Mobile Food Fleets
• DEVENEY - Children's Hospital New Orleans, "When I Grow"
• GetWellNetwork, Inc. - “Reunited” (part of the Live Your Best Life video series)
• Jackson State University - JSU Uptown Funk Marketing Video
• Landis Communications & Brain Health Registry - Keeping Brain Health Registry Top of Mind
• Matter Communications - Introducing Pulse Secure
• Notch Video - Sport Chek Blue Jays' Father's Day Surprise
• Story Partners - AgriBank’s The Farm Credit Difference
• Swirl - Hidden Valley "15-Second Kitchen"
• Utah Department of Transportation Student Neighborhood Access Program - Walking School Bus Mobile App