Winner: The Clorox Company - Clorox Launches Ick-tionary with the Help of Online Influencers & Ick-sperts
Clorox set out to celebrate the everyday "ick" parents face through a cross-brand campaign that created a new “language of mess” by parents, for parents. Targeting modern moms and dads, the program brought humor and cleanup solutions to help parents see beyond the icky situations.
To introduce this “language of mess” to consumers and highlight the brand’s equity platform of five cleaning and laundry products, Clorox teamed up with “Ick-sperts”: influential modern moms and dads with a strong online and social media presence who have been there and cleaned that, and aren’t afraid to face the ick head-on. The Ick-sperts helped develop and launch the Clorox Ick-tionary (www.icktionary.com): a wiki-style dictionary that brings to life the icky situations parents and others face with new made-up terms to become the new language of mess.
The Clorox Ick-tionary officially launched in early April and each Ick-spert shared the new language of mess with their online followers via personal blog and social media posts throughout April and June. Because the influencers created some of the words, they shared their personal ick-speriences with their followers, providing credibility to the new language as created by parents, for parents
Consumers and media alike were “ecstat-ick” about the Clorox Ick-tionary. The team secured a total of 92 placements about the Clorox Ick-tionary, generating more than 44 million total media impressions to date. Within the first two months of launch, there were more than 3,000 visits to www.icktionary.com, 40% of which were a direct result of the Ick-sperts’ online presence.
- Catalyst, an IMG Consulting Company - Timex Sports Ironman World Championship Ambassador Program
- Ernst & Young with Weber Shandwick - Money Goes Mobile: How EY harnessed the power of mobile banking leaders to drive advocacy
- General Motors - 2013 North American International Auto Show GM Influencer Program
- Porter Novelli and Bupa Australia - Bupa Health Influencer Awards
- RF|Binder - McGraw-Hill Education: Reaching and Engaging Educational Influencers Online to Enhance Brand Perception
- Rose Communications - Reaching a New Audience, A Blogger Campaign for Crescent OddJob