The holidays are upon us. But face it: For many of us, holiday shopping has just begun. The good news is it’s not too late. Whether it’s the perfect gift for a secret Santa, co-worker, or just another PR pal, it can be tough to know where to begin. To help, here’s a list of relatively affordable gifts for the PR pro in your life, to inspire productivity, creativity and help take the edge off.
- EVERYDAY DESK CALENDAR: PR pros are pressed to remember important client meetings, briefings and internal company appointments. An inspirational paper calendar is a great tool for keeping track of personal and professional events. Purchase one online at Rifle Paper Co. for just $16.
- DART BOARD: Every PR pro loves a bit of competition, even if it’s just a quick game of darts. Bonus: This makes a perfect gift for your secret Santa because you might get to join in a game. You can find a dartboard kit at Kohl’s for $30.
- GET TO WORK BOOK: PR pros can’t afford to take it one day at a time. That’s why this Get To Work Book is perfect for its week-at-a-glance spreads, goal check-ins and motivational quotes. For a personalized touch, consider writing some of your favorite motivational quotes inside it. The book is available at gettoworkbook.com for $55. A related gift is a note pad, which is useful even in the digital age. Rifle Paper Co. has them for just $8.50.
- WALL ART: Motivational quotes are a great way to start the new year. Prices for items similar to the one seen here, which says “Be Humble Be Smart and Rule the World,” range from $20–$530 at Minted.
- READING SOCIAL MEDIA: Give the gift of success to your PR pro with social media icon Gary Vaynerchuk’s book Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook, which provides winning advice and examples about how to connect with customers. An example: “A story is at its best when it’s not intrusive, when it brings value to a platform’s consumers, and when it fits in as a natural step along the customer’s path to making a purchase.” Prices on Amazon range from $13–$20.
- THANK-YOU NOTES: PR pros wouldn’t be where they are if it weren’t for the help of colleagues, friends and family. And they certainly need a way of thanking that support system when the next promotion rolls in. These classy thank-you cards will give your favorite PR pros the personalized touch they’ve been looking for. Find them on the Papyrus website for just $12.95.
- COFFEE MUG: It’s safe to say you shouldn’t bother a PR pros until they’ve had their first cup of coffee or tea. Help your PR pro ingest caffeine in style. A “Do What You Love” mug can be found on Etsy for just $15.
- FOR THE DAILY COMMUTE: PR pros want to say yes to everything, but sometimes it just can’t be done. Greg McKeown’s Essentialism helps you decide what really matters so you can apply yourself in the most effective ways. A sample: “Remember that if you don’t prioritize your life, someone else will.” Prices on Amazon were $10–$16. Creative bookends make a good gift for book-loving PR pros. We found Victorian whale bookends at Anthropologie for $68.
- NERF GUNS: Who said PR pros can’t have fun at the office? That’s where Nerf guns come in. Tip—be sure to buy them in pairs. With a duo set, PR pros can have a quick duel before diving into their next task. The Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster can be found at Target for $9.89 each.
- ON THE GO PHONE CHARGER: PR pros never stop moving. Whether racing to meet a client, going to an event or joining colleagues for a quick happy hour, the last thing PR pros need is a dead phone. Help them stay ahead of the game with this on-the-go phone charger. This Triple C Power Card Ultra Thin Charger from Anthropologie is $36.
This article originally appeared in the December 21, 2015 issue of PR News. Read more subscriber-only content by becoming a PR News subscriber today.